Sunday, December 15, 2013

Annoyed

I was talking with my hubby the other night and I realized that POTS is annoying. Yeah, I'm sure that all the other POTSies out there already knew this, but I wonder if anyone else shares my specific irritation.

I can't stand the fact that I can't stop thinking about it.

It's always in my face. When I pick up a piece of food, I have to check it out and read the label and do the math. Does it have enough sodium? How many carbs? Is it gluten free? Is it time to eat again?

I love going to the gym, but I hate that I don't get to CHOOSE to do it. I can't skip a day. It's not an option if I want to function. Going to the gym, like I said, is not the problem. It's the fact that I don't get to exercise a choice in the matter.

I don't like that I HAVE to do all this stuff. It makes me feel marked, like this silly disease is always in my face. Staring me down. And I have to spend constant effort on not being the first to blink.

No comments:

Post a Comment